Geometry (Grades 3 - 5)
Virtual manipulatives for
3 - 5
– Learn color and shape concepts by sorting blocks.
– Learn about shape and color patterns of by completing trains of blocks.
– Build similar triangles by combining sides and angles.
Fractals - Iterative
– Generate six different fractals.
Fractals - Koch and Sierpinski
– Change colors and pause this fractal simulation at any point.
Fractals - Mandelbrot and Julia Sets
– Investigate relationships between these two fractal sets.
Fractals - Polygonal
– Change the parameters to create a new fractal.
– Use geoboards to illustrate area, perimeter, and rational number concepts.
Geoboard - Circular
– Use circular geoboards to illustrate angles and degrees.
Geoboard - Coordinate
– Rectangular geoboard with x and y coordinates.
Geoboard - Isometric
– Use geoboard to illustrate three-dimensional shapes.
– Illustrates iterations of the Golden Section.
– Program a ladybug to hide behind a leaf.
– Program a ladybug to move through a maze.
– Use six common geometric shapes to build patterns and solve problems.
– Use the 12 pentomino combinations to solve problems.
– Identify characteristics of the Platonic Solids.
Platonic Solids - Duals
– Identify the duals of the platonic solids.
– Create and discover patterns using three dimensional blocks.
– Use all seven Chinese puzzle pieces to make shapes and solve problems.
– Using regular and semi-regular tessellations to tile the plane.
Transformations - Composition
– Explore the effect of applying a composition of translation, rotation, and reflection transformations to objects.
Transformations - Dilation
– Dynamically interact with and see the result of a dilation transformation.
Transformations - Reflection
– Dynamically interact with and see the result of a reflection transformation.
Transformations - Rotation
– Dynamically interact with and see the result of a rotation transformation.
Transformations - Translation
– Dynamically interact with and see the result of a translation transformation.
– Manipulate the puzzle pieces and find multiple solutions.
– Explore numbers, shapes, and logic by programming a turtle to move.